World Teen Mental Wellness Day is an international holiday that takes place on March 2nd of every year. It was founded by the clothing chain Hollister in 2020 to support self-care and early detection of mental health challenges for teens across the globe. World Teen Mental Wellness Day is a call to action for teens and their parents to foster awareness of mental health and seek help at the earliest possible signs of mental health challenges.
Imagine Nampa supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day and offers mental health treatment to patients between the ages of 12 and 17. Our professional, compassionate team will develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient to address their mental health issues.
Call 208.203.8574 to learn more about our programs or services.
What Is World Teen Mental Wellness Day?
In February 2020, the clothing company Hollister, in partnership with the National Day Calendar, announced March 2, 2020 would be the inaugural World Teen Mental Wellness Day. World Teen Mental Wellness Day aims to raise greater awareness of mental health issues among teens, as well as provide education about removing stigmas surrounding preventative mental health.
They launched this day in conjunction with the Hollister Confidence Project, a year-round, global undertaking to raise awareness and funding for projects and organizations that help teens feel confident in themselves, each other, and the world in which they live.
Why Is World Teen Mental Wellness Day Important?
It is the first awareness day of its kind targeting teens and adolescents specifically. There is a growing need for mental health awareness among Gen Z and their parents. The American Psychological Association notes:
- Gen Z is also significantly more likely (27 percent) than other generations, including millennials (15 percent) and Gen Xers (13 percent), to report their mental health as fair or poor1
- Gen Z are more likely (37 percent), along with millennials (35 percent), to report they have received treatment or therapy from a mental health professional, compared with 26 percent of Gen Xers, 22 percent of baby boomers, and 15 percent of older adults1
- More than nine in 10 Gen Z adults (91 percent) said they have experienced at least one physical or emotional symptom because of stress, such as feeling depressed or sad (58 percent) or lacking interest, motivation, or energy (55 percent)1
While everyone should safeguard their mental health and well-being, teens are particularly vulnerable. Imagine Nampa offers mental health treatment services to teens and adolescents in Nampa, Idaho.
Self-Care Tips for World Teen Mental Wellness Day
It is important to practice self-care and take time to destress and disconnect from the rigors and challenges of daily life. Here are some simple self-care tips that can help restore mental and emotional equilibrium.
- Get out and explore nature
- Take a break from screentime (social media, video games, streaming)
- Journal your thoughts or feelings
- Be kind to yourself and remember it is okay not to be okay
- Communicate with friends and family—you are not alone!
- Seek therapy or professional counseling if needed
- Take deep breaths and focus on the present moment
- Meditate or practice yoga
- Exercise or go for a walk to clear your mind
There are plenty of other ways to engage in self-care, so find what works for you. Remember, the goal is to be mentally and emotionally refreshed.
Contact Imagine Nampa Today
If your teen or adolescent child is struggling with their mental health, Imagine Nampa can help. Our professional and compassionate team will develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient that addresses their specific mental health issues.