Today’s teenagers struggle with mental health issues more than ever before. Unfortunately, many teens never receive the treatment they need. At Imagine Nampa, we understand the importance of early intervention for the best outcomes. We are dedicated to providing effective, evidence-based mental health treatment in Nampa, Idaho, for adolescents with mental and behavioral health issues and their families.
Imagine Nampa is part of the Northpoint family of treatment centers offering the full continuum of care throughout the western United States. Mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder are life-long and require ongoing maintenance. Therefore, we offer continuing mental health treatment in Nampa, Idaho, for teens ages 12-17 who have completed our outpatient programs through our aftercare program. If your teen is struggling with mental or behavioral health issues, we can help. Contact us at 208.203.8574.
The Benefits of Mental Health Aftercare
An aftercare program is any follow-up treatment occurring after the initial treatment program. Research indicates that individuals who participate in aftercare services have significantly lower relapse rates than those who do not receive aftercare support. Along with reducing the risk for relapse, the main benefits of an aftercare program include:
- Aftercare provides community – In aftercare services, teens become part of a community of people with common goals that support and keep them accountable. Learning to apply new skills – Maintaining good mental health relies on using the tools learned in treatment in everyday life situations. Without the help of an aftercare program, it is easy to slip back into old habits.
- Learning from other people – In an aftercare program, teens can receive encouragement and constructive feedback from others who have been where they are. The process of sharing and listening to others with similar experiences reinforces the commitment to recovery and healthy living.
- Aftercare provides a line of defense – Following treatment, teens will face temptations, triggers, and roadblocks. An aftercare program supports overcoming these hurdles and keeping teens on track in recovery.
An aftercare program offers a range of customizable support services to meet the different needs of those exiting our day treatment programs. Through an aftercare program, teens can continue their growth and recovery while transitioning into everyday life.
Finding Comprehensive Adolescent Mental Health Treatment
Adolescence is a time of great change and growth when the foundation for healthy coping skills is built. The habits they develop now will follow them into adulthood, so developing healthy coping skills is essential to their future well-being.
Studies show that nearly half of all mental health disorders develop by age 14. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) indicates that one in three high school students reports symptoms of depression, including sadness and hopelessness, and three million teens have had serious thoughts of suicide.
Teenagers experience emotions more intensely than adults and have more difficulty with healthy emotional expression. A mental health treatment program helps teens understand the causes of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors and gives them tools to help them feel and function better. Through comprehensive adolescent mental health treatment, teens learn:
- Healthy coping skills
- Communication skills
- Emotional regulation
- Appropriate assertiveness
- Self-awareness and self-confidence
- Anger management techniques
Teenagers are vulnerable to extreme emotions, poor impulse control, and poor communication skills. Individual and group psychotherapy teaches them how to regulate their emotions, make better decisions, and recognize that they are not alone in their challenges. Peer support from others experiencing similar thoughts, feelings, and circumstances provides new perspectives for dealing with challenges and fosters the development of healthy coping skills.
Discover the Benefits of an Aftercare Program in Nampa, ID at Imagine Nampa
The teenage years have always been challenging, but today’s teens are experiencing more mental health issues than ever before. COVID-19 has significantly impacted everyone’s mental health but has been particularly difficult for teenagers, especially those already at high risk for mental health issues.
At Imagine Nampa, we have carefully designed our psychotherapy programs to meet the unique need and challenges of teens aged 12-17. From intake through aftercare, we provide the support and guidance teens need to learn to manage their mental health long-term. Contact us at 208.203.8574 to learn more about the benefits of an aftercare program in Nampa, ID.